I hardly know where to begin
Christmas was drawn out over several days - giving the boys a chance to open the many MANY presents they got without being terribly overwhelmed. Very generous grandparents made their Christmas even more exciting, although now they are starting to be hit with reality - that Christmas does end - and there isn't a continuous neverending supply of presents to tear into.
They were slightly MORE naughty in the days leading up to Christmas - I think the excitement of it all was just about too much for them. Of course after Christmas, they were loaded up with the requisite sugar to give them enough energy to power a rocket to the moon.
Joey was sick over the holidays - so that made it a little miserable for him. Luckily, nobody else seemed to get anything more than a mild cold.
Of course the highlight of the season for me was getting to see my sister and her husband, and my niece and new baby nephew.
The greatest gift was being able to spend time together as a family - sounds sappy, I know - but it's true.
My nephew is adorable:



Almost gave me baby fever - but then I remembered that I like sleeping through the night, letting my kids feed themselves and we are hopefully going to be getting rid of diapers this year.....if Joey cooperates.
Happy New Year everyone.
2007 has started off wonderfully - despite the rain....
I'm optimistic about this year!
Oh, and I've lost 25lbs - 15 to go, until I'm in pre-baby shape (pre-FIRST baby shape, which is saying something - since each kid seemed to add another 10 lbs.....)
OK, I'm sort of exaggerating - it wasn't the kids that added that weight, it was all those yummy cheeseburgers that I HAD to eat while pregnant, and the ones I sort of just kept eating after the babies were born, and the chips and the evil evil chocolate mint covered oreos that are a special holiday edition, but they may as well have written "Instant fat in a box - eat 'em or glue 'em to your thighs - same results"
Nevertheless, I've discovered that chicken and veggies every night for 3 weeks really does slim you down much better than Doritos and Jos Louis'.....
No new years resolutions for me. I'll continue to blog, hopefully once a week, and I'll continue to take photos....Look for gingerbread house photos coming up.....it was chaos and mass destruction in less than 4 seconds flat! 1 gingerbread house - fully decorated with icing, smarties, and other assorted cavity causing sugar bombs that are attractive to the kindergarten set.....2 kindergarteners, and a 2 yr old who had been eyeing said sugar house of delight long before lunchtime, and armed with my camera, I got 1 before shot, and the next thing I know, the house is busted into a million pieces and 3 boys are furiously stuffing their faces. They make a good wrecking crew.
The house was trashed for a few days while the novelty of new "stuff" was spread out covering the floors from one side of the house to the other. Now it's mostly put away. As away as it's going to get - The kids are still sleeping with some of their favourite gifts - A talking lighting McQueen for Duncan, a Laser tripwire set for Matthew, and Star Wars Lightsabers for both of them. In fact they have so many "favourites" this year that they really are trying to sleep with everything...their beds piled high with all their 'treasures" and the giant THUD I hear in the evenings as they fall asleep and their toys gradually slide off the beds. We can tell what's dropping by the sound of the "thud"......"Oh, that's a Leapster"........"That's a giant talking Buzz toy"......."That was Duncan"..............
Have a joyous New Year everyone!

11 comments:
I don't do resolutions either. I never stick to them. Every year I do manage to change small things for the better and hopefully 2007 won't be an exception. Tim had a physical at work and some of the results weren't so great so we have to cut out a lot of crap. And actually do something besides watch reality tv. Happy 2007!!!
Happy New Year! Sounds like your holidays were wonderful and the boys were properly spoiled.
Your nephew is simply adorable.. what a beautiful beautiful baby. That net shot is AMAZING!
Hugs
Julie
Beautiful baby! Great pictures. Your Christmas sounds like ours...so many toys, so much candy.....so many boys!! Glad you are going to blog even if its just once a week when we wish it was twice a day with pictures!! Happy New year withthose boys of yours who are just so perfect.
Same here I don't really do New Years resolutions, I am terrible at sticking to them:) So glad you are blogging again!
Happy New Year, my friend!! Your nephew is so cute, and lovely photos you took of him!
CONGRATS on the weight loss, that is awesome!! I wish you luck for losing the rest - I'm on a similar journey myself :-)
Glad you had a good Christmas! Your nephew is adorable and the pictures you took are amazing!!
Happy New Year to you and yours Jenn! :)
It sounds like you had a really nice Christmas. The boys too. Except for Joey being sick. Poor little guy.
Zachary was wound up the entire week before because of his birthday, but somehow, we survived it all. ;)
Happy New Year! And beautiful nephew!
Happy Happy New Year to you too. Beautiful photos as always, no surprise to me that they are so great. You should enter some photo contests locally and on the internet. Your work is so incredible that it should be shared with the world! Hugs from me and Griffin
Hi Jenn,
So happy to see you blogging again. I really missed it. Keep up the good work!
Beautiful pics! Of course he is a beautiful child to start with, just like all my grandchildren. Must be in the genes. TeeHee:)
LYM
So glad you had a wonderful holiday with your family!
Post a Comment