Warmest winter on record for us, so we didn't get any snow until this past week.
It was strange the first few weeks of January, not having to shovel our way out of hibernation.
Riding bikes and seeing grass, why that's an April activity, not January.
Trust me, I wasn't complaining.
The kids were - they wanted to go tobogganing - which is rather hard to do on grass and mud.
so finally, we got snow - sort of. It was preceeded by freezing rain, and a sheet of ice about 1/4 inch thick over everything.
Then a little dusting of snow.
and capped with wet drippy rainish snow - leaving us with maybe an inch and a half of hard crunchy snow that the kids can actually walk on top of.
It's hard to make snow angels in crunchy snow. :(
Crunch snowballs hurt.
You cannot build a snowman out of crunchy snow.
I'm convinced that no good can come of hard crunchy snow - It is treacherous to walk outside.
Still, they couldn't wait to get outside - and I was all too happy to oblige. Anytime the kids opt to be outside and not messing up my house, I let them. It's so much better for them, and goodness knows that come February, it will be so miserably cold that they'll just want to snuggle up with me on the couch and drink hot chocolate with wee marshmallows and watch the same 3 movies over and over again ad nauseum.
Here's a few of D. and J. outside (M. was in school)



And this one - I don't know - do you think he could show just a little more enthusiasm?

so we've had nearly a full week of snow and ice and temperatures below what we'd consider balmy.
I'm officially tired of it already - When's spring?

10 comments:
Sometime in March? :) We haven't even gotten that much snow. Sort of disappointing. We keep waiting and waiting. We have all the winter gear waiting to be worn....
Such great photos Jenn! I love them. Outside shots are so fun.
We got that same crunchy snow here in Texas. Except our kids don't know the difference between good snow and crunchy snow...it's all just snow to them! We are planning a trip to Colorado in November, then they'll see what good snow is!!
Awesome pictures...I do love that enthusiasm...adorable!
Big Brother is gonna love these pics and the post about snow! He loves the snow! We have to drive two hours to see it and have made the drive the past two weekends. Lovely photos of your beautiful boys!
Fabulous, as always and Matthew's eyes in that one picture? Amazing! The Joey boy is too delicious for words.
Awesome, Jenn! I think I will have to come back and visit you in winter as well - because I love snow! The boys are so cute and Joey is obviously in heaven right now!!
You do the most beautiful pictures!
I'm happy the snow is here! Finally not ugly brown everywhere!
Hi Jenn,
Good to see you're blogging again. What cute pics. Joey sure looks like he is enjoying the COLD outdoors. What a guy!
LYM
Your children could be models! They are gorgeous :o) You photography always amazes me too.
Kristin
Love the pictures Jenn, especially the last one!
Your right, it sure has been a strange winter weather wise here hasn't it?
yes I agree I wish spring were here too!
Post a Comment