Wednesday, June 14, 2006

365 days of chaos!

Hey, I missed my blogaversery! I've been blogging for a year (and 6 days)

Thats one year of chaos and 'tales' that I've been documenting.
where oh where did the time go?

It moves pretty quickly when kids are dumping chocolate syrup on the carpet, spraying water everywhere, and dropping crayons (and other assorted goodies) into the toilets, airvents, and other sneaky little places around the house.

I'm spent - I've chronicled the misdeeds of these little whirlwinds I affectionally call my children and in reading over previous posts - I'm exhausted. Fully. And. Completely.

As summer vacation looms ahead of me, I am getting just a little bit nervous. I now have 3 full fledged mischief makers to entertain for 2 months without the benefit of the school system to give me a break. Yes, Joey, my good and perfect and quiet baby is now two, and into mischief. He's still good and perfect and quiet - but mischievous. He pulls books out of the bookcase and leaves a visual trail of his days activities. He likes to get into the pool (with clothes on) and he likes to play in dirt, and he likes to eat dirt and he likes to bring the dirt inside.
As long as it is hot outside - I can keep the kids moderately entertained with a blowup pool and a water hose. they do of course request that I go out and be their "lifeguard". I don't mind sitting in a chair with my feet in the pool reading my book and my diet coke in hand - in fact that actually sounds kind of relaxing - if I could read more than 14 words before somebody gets water in their eyes, or a squirtgun to the ear, or a clump of dirt from the garden gets lobbed into the pool (thanks Joey), or someone gets beaned in the head with a hose nozzle (yes that just happened)

Lazy days of summer??? whoever came up with that one wasn't a parent!

WILT -

Nozzles are a weapon.

Dominoes are a weapon.

A giant stuffed purple crayon is a weapon.

a tea towel is a weapon.

Our house is a veritable arsenal full of things for little boys to pummel each other with.

School starts in 83 days.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lol when I got to 'school starts in 83 days'!

Anonymous said...

Awww Jenn... I was hoping that we could pass some of those long summer days shopping together with Julie and Sarah...and I am so sorry that plans did not work out. Hoping that we can work out another time for a meet up!

Hope that you guys have a great summer!

Sara, Maddie and Tyler

Ravenbajan said...

LOL! Oh no! You're already on countdown for the start of the next school year!

I agree with you. The term "Lazy days of summer" was definately not one coined by a parent of young children.

Julie Q said...

Oh my Jenn! I haven't recovered from last school year yet. Of course it did just end Friday!

And it is amazing what kids can use as a weapon isn't it? I think they can make a weapon out of anything.

I had to lol at your school starts in 83 days as well. :) I'm just dreading it! :)

Hannah said...

Happy blogaversary!!
I've enjoyed reading and commenting for much of the past year, and I am TOO excited to finally meet you and your boys in just a few weeks' time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
You make me tired just thinking about your busy summer. Hopefully we'll be able to give you a break once in awhile and have the boys over for a sleep-over
(One at a time)tee hee :)
LYM

The other me said...

My perfect baby, the one who slpet and smiled and was just lovely....I looked at H today and said "I think I am afraid, HE makes me afraid!" He walks like a yob, kind of stomping deal, and he has the glint...Joey has the glint, we should run away together you and I, while we still can, I think the quiet sweet ones we had last are going to make us afraid for a long time!!

Anonymous said...

I put that "countdown to school starting back up" on my blog for more than one reason... :)

I think MY blogversary came and went without me even noticing-- I was too damned busy scribbling nonsense away to put up for the whole woild.

Proximity to the pool is a lovely thing, though we're forever shooing Solenbum out of the window-- "PEOPLE IN THE POOL!" I'll cry, "GO TO SILENT RUNNING! BWOOP-BWOOP-BWOOP!" I'll say in my best submarine captain voice.

Dirt in the pool. Fortunately the floor of our pool is ALREADY got underwater areas of sand, so what's a lil' dirt? (besides, someone ELSE cleans it!!)

the mystic said...

Oh I sympathize.

I'm a newbie, as my oldest just started preschool this past year, so by May I was telling my husband how nice, fun, relaxing, productive, etc. the summer was going to be once I didn't have to do all the waking up early, hurrying with breakfast and running around required on the school days.

Oh god was I wrong! Two days into it and I was like, um... is it September yet??????