As promised - My weekly clutter spot - now all prettied up - And I'm happy to say that the areas from last week still remain clutter free and as tidy as they were when I took the 'after' pictures.
This is a piece of furniture that Chris had taken and sanded down and revarnished. It is a nice piece - but tends to be a catch all for a lot of stuff.
The red bag in our defence, is not always there - but we had taken the Christmas tree down and put it in the storage bag, but hadn't taken it downstairs yet. So, it adds to the dramatic effect of my cleanup a little bit.

And This is after - I still put all of Joey's crayons/markers/paper and paints in a place that's easily accessible for him, because it's also easy for him to put away when I tell him to. (and he does - eventually).

And now - onto the return of the mouse.
We thought we had gotten rid of our mouse problem back in november when we finally caught it. I had left a gluetrap under the kitchen sink out of paranoia and after a month with no signs - figured it was safe to take out. I have noticed evidence of mice in the garage - but not in the house - still, it's not a stretch to think they can get in without us knowing - late at night when we're all asleep. Last week I put the gluetrap back under the sink when we had a super cold weather pattern which I figured would drive any outdoor mice in as far as they could go. Nothing.....until today. Caught a little baby one again, under the sink.
Joey was very excited and kept opening the door and laughing "mousey" and closing the cupboard door.
Our new front door has been in for a few weeks now so I can't blame our cruddy front door for this one getting in. I'm reasonably sure it's coming in from the garage and it's just a matter of finding how and blocking it off, and continuing with the poison out in the garage (which they are eating).
So I will replace the trap under the sink - and wait. again. One mouse two months later leads me to think it's not a huge problem yet - but still, it's one I thought was done and over with, and so the saga continues.
stupid mice.

6 comments:
clutter cleanup looks awesome!
Boo Hiss on the mouse :(((
Jenn you have motivated me to declutter, I am very jealous of your beautiful clutterless spaces... so I took pics today of the clutter. But can't promise when it will be clutter free as I can't just go to Menards to get storage bins!!! ha ha
Sorry about the mouse, keep us posted!!
Looks great. But, I think you should put a picture in that frame on top. Do you know anyone who knows their way around a camera?
Sorry about the mouse - I can totally hear Carl giggling "mousey" too! Well, hope I never actually hear him say it. Once our Bug Man (whom I love almost more than I love Lew) gave me some sticky traps and told me "they even hold a four foot snake." Lovely... just what I want to think I have under my sink.
I'm hoping to de-clutter my house starting with the dreaded storage room next week when I'm off work. My mouse upgraded his domicile from under the deck ( I cleared everything out to make it unwelcome) to the BBQ - wonder if he likes BBQ sauce???
Glad yer back bloggin - missed U lots!
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
You're doing so great. You should be so proud of yourself. I am :)
GAH! Mice....running off to shudder and rock in a corner somewhere! I heart you by the way, I'd say so in my status on FB but I think I just said how much I hate people doing that, so I shall say it here.
Post a Comment