This week, while I've had the time to think and reflect - I've tried to keep myself busy, and what better way to do that then to tackle a large clutter area.
or two.
I mean look at this:
This is in my family room - this table collects every sort of think imaginable and it it piled high

My bedroom does the same thing - because I stick stuff up there 'out of sight' of the main floor.
but boy does it add up.


so I tackled both areas this week with a unique approach.
First of all, I removed that table.
It works better in the kitchen anyway, and the kitchen table (which is round) is now in the front room. Cleared off. With pretty flowers (from my brother and sister-in-law)

And then the bedroom which took an entire two days!! (and that's not including the bathroom or the closet).
First of all I decided that it needed a change - Reoriented the bed along the other wall. Yes I moved a king size bed with a heavy mattress by myself, because when I am determined, I find the strength of 10 grinches + 2 and practically lifted that puppy up with my baby finger. Plus I was motivated by the fact that if I did change the room around, there would be room for another bookcase on the other side - and I do like my symmetry.
A couple of new lamps (because the boys broke one of them, and I can't have mismatched lamps - that's just all sorts of wrong)
and finally - ahhhhh I can breath again.:


Future projects include the laundry room, and the bedroom closet - but for now, I will bask in the lovely clean oasis that is MY room, and my new bookcase that houses all the books I found during my cleanup (yay - more books).
And I'm happy to say that all prior clutter areas are STILL clutter free.

4 comments:
oh it's beautiful! So clear, so clean! LOVE it!!!!
Wow - it looks awesome, Jenn!
You inspired me to clear out the dreaded storage room - I have two chairs left to get rid of and I will have reclaimed more space in there after many years & lots of accumulation of unnecessary stuff.
Sorry for your recent loss - my condolences to you & your family :(
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Love it! Great Job!!
It's beautiful. I so need to do the same!
I can't even get into my storage (oh yes it's that bad)!
Post a Comment