10. They don't carry bendy straws.
My kids don't ask for much. Ok they do, but I don't give in. I am however, fully prepared to indulge them in the luxury of having bendable straws. The red and white kind - that bend. You know, when you're flaked out on the couch and want a sip of mom's drink but don't want to have to stand up to drink it - she can just BEND the straw over to your mouth, and be assured that you won't spill her drink.
Please Walmart - Stock them. I don't care about your "great value" non-bendy straws. Those are for losers. I want the premium straws that bend like an accordian and I'm prepared to spend the extra 25 cents!!! Make them available.
9. Express lanes.
These are great for those with less than 10 items - but seriously, are you going to leave just ONE checkout open for everyone else? Seriously? Because you did. Yes, you have 11 regular checkouts, and only one of them open. Perhaps you are trying in these tough economic times to encourage people to buy less - but I know that's not true Walmart. You know that's not true. Open more checkouts. Stop enticing us with your "roll-back" pricing, only to make us wait like idiots at the checkout while Martha McSlowpot at the front haggles over the price of canned beans. Not cool.
8. Employees who pass the buck.
Everytime I enquire about an item - the employee I speak to inevitably says "Oh I don't know - this isn't really my department".
Walmart - are you aware that your employees are all switching departments to hang around in - thus nobody knows anything.
Twine? What would you use that for? Uh, does it matter - I want some, and can't find it. I realize you are normally in the makeup and jewellery counter - but since you are here lingering about in the paint and hardware section, take a minute to familiarize yourself with the inventory here, you know in case a CUSTOMER ASKS A QUESTION!!
7. The carts with a gimpy wheel - get rid of them. 'nuff said.
6. Your so-called 'green' status.
Yes - I see you sell reusable bags - I have several of them - but since I forgot them this one time - please don't put my 6 items in 3 different plastic bags.
5. Your so-called 'roll-back" pricing.
You don't fool me. It doesn't count if you jack up the price and roll it back again to *slightly* higher than it was a month ago.
I price compare a lot. I know that those little die cast CARS cars we've been collecting for 2 years now were $3.92 - then they were suddenly $5.52 for a week and are now "rolled-back" to $4.44 - you think I don't know about that 52 cent price hike? How stupid do you think I am?
4. The happy Face sticker.
If you're going to give my kid a sticker - let him stick it where he wants.
3. They don't stock boys suits anymore.
Apparently, they think children under 12 never go to nice restaurants, weddings. or (gasp) Church. Walmart - you heathens!!
2. Teddy Grahams.
Why do you stock every flavour under the sun - EXCEPT the one my kids like. Oatmeal. Oatmeal. Oatmeal. We don't want Honey. We don't want Chocolate. We don't want Chocolate chip. We want Oatmeal. You don't even have an empty spot for it - it's like it doesn't exist to you - except I know it exists - We just buy it elsewhere now.
1. Despite it all - you stil manage to suck $30+ out of my bank account on every trip. Even if I'm only there to buy straws....
which reminds me......why don't you stock the bendy kind???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I bet Target has bendy straws and in multi colors!
Maybe you should take a drive down here to see for yourself. Just maybe.
yeah I bet TARGET has them , that one in Boston, that is THREE TIMES BIGGER than when we were there, I bet they have halloween bendy straws, stripey ones, orange ones,every kind of bendy ones, Target has everything.
Oh, but I loved Walmart! Mind you, I was just a tourist. I wasn't looking for bendy straws, I wasn't trying to find twine, and I didn't have my kids with me! :-)
I can't get over the sticker thing - they TELL the kids where to put their stickers??! What?
AMEN!! To every single thing on this list!!!
you had me at the bendy straws.
Ugh! The stickers. My child has a SERIOUS sticker aversion...you'd think the Walmart greeters would lay off and not insist on not only GIVING him a sticker, but putting it on his SHIRT...which F.R.E.A.K.S him out everytime!! Ugh.
But yet, I still shop there... a lot!
OMG That is one of the funniest rants I've read in a long time. Great, I have to go to Super WalMart tomorrow too! I will be thinking of this post the whole time. I wish we had a Super Target.
Hee hee, girl you are so funny! I know my Walmart sells bendy straws. I bought them! My issue with Walmart is there is NEVER anyone around when I have a question, yet they are everywhere with their lil vests when I have everything I need! lol
HUGS
no bendy straws??? wha???? That's just wrong!
Stupid Wal-Mart
My Walmart (though not my favorite place to shop) did have the good bendy straws this morning. :)
Dude I swear I wrote something here!!!
Walmart ate my post I say!! lol.
How much do I love this post? A lot. Seriously.
The roll back hike is pretty awesome! I love it.
Ooh ooh, can I be Martha McSlowpot? It just sounds like a fun nickname. I don't normally haggle over beans. Unless they're magic beans that grow a beanstock which leads me to a goose that lays golden eggs. I might haggle then.
I'm totally with you on the suits. I can't even find dress shirts and ties that aren't packaged together in awful combination. And forget about finding anything even suit-like for toddlers, unless it's close to Easter. Do you have Burlington Coat Factory in Canada? Treasure trove of dress clothes for kids.
|I will buy you bendy straws, they sell them here in Niamey. Different colours even! Lovely post, Seeeester! Don't worry we are learning Djerma, they say we should be able to learn it in six months it is such an easy language, even a baby can learn it! And Mikaylah's school is in French and Djerma, so we HAVE to learn it! Can't have the kids talking behind our back, you know!
Post a Comment