Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ice Breakers and first day of school.

Have you tried these Ice Breaker mints. They are Lemon and pomegranate and they are heavenly.
I bought some on a whim whilst in Boston one cold (blizzardy) weekend, and my kids gobbled them up so fast that when I returned to the US I bought more which they promptly gobbled without leaving me a single one.
The next time I ventured to the US, I got smart and bought 3 of them.
gone. gone. in a day (and the 3rd one they don't know I have).

So all this is leading me to think that there's some kind of crack like drug in these 'vitamin enhanced' wellness mints that is causing them to wolf them down like.....well...candy.

Of course like all good things made by Hershey - they aren't available here in Canada.
I usually get my addiction fix of Hershey products in the US. There's something about their chocolate.....and now they've taken that same magic addictive ingredient and put it into tablet pill popping form - cleverly disguised with pretty red flecks and the moniker of "pomegranate lemon-Aid" mints. With Vitamins A, C, E and zinc. So they are good for you.

And if this is the same chemical that is in their chocolate - then their chocolate must be good for you too (see where I'm going with this?)

So tell me - Why am I still trying to feed my kids carrots and broccoli when the good folks at Hershey have developed a delicious way of getting vitamins into us - and furthermore - have made it SO tasty that we can't seem to get enough.

there's some evil genius at work at Hershey - I just know it. They are going to take over the world.....

If they ever combine forces with the other world leader in addictive chemicals....Coca Cola, then we may as well just give them all our money.

For now, I'll just continue popping my secret pomegranate pills - because really, I feel better already, although it might be the fact that School has started and I'm not trying to entertain 3 little boys all day.

Yep - Loving school.
They are too - They started yesterday - and yes, I took the requisite "first day of school pic by the front door" but I have to upload that off my camera.
I'll get to that just as soon as I get myself another one of these yummy mints......

Here we go - First day - Grades 1 and 2
Photobucket

By the way - the first day of school was the usual chaos in the morning getting the classes all organized.
The boys LOVE their teachers - and I think they will both have good years.
Joey will start on Monday - the kindergarten is a graduated entry which means that he starts on Monday and goes only 1 day next week, 2 days the following week and 3 days the week after that. He was all excited about starting school - until the boys started back and he realized that having mum to himself is not such a bad gig after all. He got to come shoppping with me, and had my undivided attention, not to mention that with those big brothers gone, it's actually quite quiet in the house - nobody terrorizing him, shoving him out of the way, telling him to move off because they don't want to 'share' the same couch as him - nobody to taunt him, tease him, deliberately ignore him, or compete for my attention.
Brothers are great - but not so much when you are 4.
I do think that he'll love school though. He had his meet the teacher conference today and he loves the room so much he didn't want to leave. That might change when there are other kids in there though. We've met a few of the kids who will be in his class this year. Both girls, and both the youngest in their family, so he's in good company. Both girls were a good 2 inches taller, so I have a feeling he'll have lots of "mummy" figures to coddle him.
We did manage to get him fully toilet trained this summer - so that's not an issue. The speech is improving rapidly, although he still ignores kids his own age. Should be fun though. I am bringing him home for lunch for the first little while - as I don't think he is independent enough to stay at school for lunch since he can't put straws in his drinks, or open packages or containers very well (read 'not at all' ) and the lunch supervisors are not terribly helpful. Plus they only get about 20 minutes to eat and then they go outside and Joey just doesn't do well when rushed. Even Matthew is having difficulty with the rushed lunches still.
All this to say - I will have a quiet and hopefully tidy house when I have all 3 boys in school.
can't wait.
I think I'll have a coke.
and another mint.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all 3 boys at school! You'll have so much free time (or will you be working?)

My boys LOVE mints too and would also eat them like candy. I just tell myself "at least they aren't as bad as candy" ... but totally agree with you about Hershey's and Coke hiding some secret ingredient that all mothers would love to know about, so we could slip it into the veggies!! LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

I've thought about what it will be like when all three of the kids are gone at school. I know with the older two I realize how much more time I have!

You do know I would love to send you anything youneed? Hersheys? Mints???

Julie Q said...

Aw, Joey going to school! You are so sweet to bring him home for lunch! :)

Good luck with the year! I hope all the boys have a great one!

I agree about the Hershey's chocolate. There is something about it! Sometimes, I get a taste for it and nothing else will do!

Tired Mom of Six said...

I love you...and mist you...and glad that your sanity will be back soon. Mine is slowly coming back.

I love school. SO much. And I'm not afraid to admit it. :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I miss those mints. They were yummy!

Chloe misses Sarah though I don't miss their fighting. She too had to be dragged from her classroom. She goes 3 days next week... I'm tired just thinking about it!

The other me said...

i might actually have cried when I went to sneak a lemon and pmegranite mint and found the gits had found them! I love them I REALLY love them! Hoorah for school, today was as splendid as yesterday..no idea what the boys thought but my day was lovely!

Cathy said...

What are these mints you speak of? Must go on a mission to find them.
I will trade you equal amounts of mints to equal amounts to mint aero balls!