He brought this home, apparently he'd done it at school, so we didn't help with this at all. It was a brainstorming activity where they were given the words "I want a _________" and had to brainstorm some ideas of why they wanted X. He wrote down 5 but only used one in his final 'essay' - even though he said he had THREE reasons and had initially written down 5.
Anyway,
This is what my eldest wrote (and I'm including all 5 that were on his rough draft because they're funny):
Feb 28 2008
Dear Dad I want a mammoth for a Pet. I have three good reasons to tell you.
A Mammoth is a good pet because He can crush mosquitos.
He can take me for a ride.
He can (k)nock down trees that bothr me.
If I need a bath, a mamith(sic) can wosh me.
His strength can scrach my itchy parts.
Now I want to read what all the other kids wrote. That teacher must laugh all day - grade one is hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
So cute! And smart!
Last year, Zachary's class made a cookbook. They had the teacher's help typing the words up, but it was all their words. So cute! She gave us each a copy.
Oh I need ME a mammoth too, I got me so many itchy parts it could scratch! Glorious.
I see a brilliant future for him as a writer - ROFLMAO!
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Very clever Duncan!
LYM
Grandma
That is very cute!
I'm hoping that he got his mammoth by now! I can't see a reason why he shouldn't have one. Do they use litter boxes, toilet or do you have to take them out for walks?
Hugs
Cathy
Brilliant!!!!! hahahahah
Post a Comment