My husband quit his job
My son turned 7
The sun has started shining
and I got a cel phone
Yep, things are really happening around here.....
I've been busy - and I've been working on a blog - but now that I look at it, it doesn't seem so great anymore so I scrapped it.
Took the big boys to the dentist today - wanted to use up our benefits before they disappear after Friday.
I was pleased that Duncan made it to 7 being cavity free - however, he's got one now....they only caught it by x-ray and the dentist said he could do the whole thing in under 20 minutes because it's so teeny. Gah, it wrecks our 'cavity free' record though.
Matthew has no cavities. He also didn't get x-rays done.
It wasn't for lack of trying - they honestly tried, but he bit the girl twice and they decided that maybe his mouth was just too small to get X-rays today and we'll try again another time....
I like this dentist - as far as dentists go.
They are extremely kid friendly, with Disney movies playing and were very patient with Matthew's endless questions and sensory issues. He looked way too small to be sitting in that dentist chair. He had to scoot up to put his head on the headrest, and then his feet were at the place where most adult's would be seated.
Duncan was as good as gold - they love him there, although he had to go through 3 different flouride treatment flavours to find one that was to his liking. I told him that they flavour them to make them tolerable, not yummy - so it wasn't supposed to taste 'good', just 'not horrible'.
For siblings they have a TV and a Nintendo game system, so Joey was easy to keep distracted and they let him pick a treasure out of the giant treasure chest too.
So that was our day.
Oh and we got a car today too - but won't be able to pick it up until end of April probably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What? You got a cell phone? Now you've left me as the only person remaining in the dark ages without one!
Yay for the new car. I can't wait to see pics. And maybe I'll see it in real life soon!
The picture you paint of Matthew in the dentists chair is perfect. Our big boys can look so tiny at times, can't they?
Holy cow! Much going on! :) I hope the job change is for the good?
Woo hoo on the new car! :)
Wow! Lots of big news happening with you lately. Can't say that's the case for us, except for those blasted snow storms we've had lately ( I am SO over winter now, just send spring over quick , K?)
Need more pics of your kidlets, please :)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Cell phone? you got a cell phone? Another thing that rings that you can ignore.
Hugs
Cathy
LOL you have to say that he quit his job for a MUCH better one!
And I sometimes want to bite the dentist too.
Post a Comment