Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lazy Hazy summer Days-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I love summer.
Despite the fact that the boys are getting used to spending the whole day with each other instead of going to school, so there's been much more squabbling as of late.
We love to BBQ - and the weather this year has been cooperating fully.
The boys are all outdoor kids - meaning that given the choice - they will go outside rather than be stuck inside where there's nothing but a boring tv, and crabby mum who doesn't like it when they leave their toys all over my kitchen floor for me to step on.
But this year - oh this year we've got the best thing.
Grandma gave the boys a combined birthday present - something the whole family can enjoy!
This year we can see this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and This:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and even this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Three happy smiling swimming faces - because we have THIS in our backyard:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

12 ft round - big enough for me to get in and swim around and play "shark" and "Octopus" much to their delight.
Not only are they learning to swim - but we are spending time outdoors, as a family, with lots of laughter and building excellent summertime memories.

Duncan especially likes to get the boombox and play 'beach music' while we swim - which is my best of the 80's CD, and we bring out koolaid, or iced tea and have a "beach party'.
Then we can BBQ for dinner, and eat out on the deck - together. Does it really get any better.

I love summer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see your pics for some reason, but I imagine you are talking about a pool?? Such fun!! And you've got a great little enclosed yard for that kind of thing. Sounds like you're having a perfect summer!

Julie Q said...

Looks like so much fun Jen! :) They look like they love it! I hope you are enjoying it today! It is so hot outside! Either that or enjoying the a/c inside.

mom of 2 said...

Love those pictures! I've been waiting a while to see them! :)

Having a pool is a great thing and a great way to spend time together as a family doing something everyone can enjoy! Not that I don't enjoy playing Chutes and Ladders for the 14th time in a day! haha

Lisa said...

Those are some awesome pics...as always!

I love playing "shark" with my boys too!

Anonymous said...

You and your dh make some of the most handsome little men! Love swimming pix. Kids are always so happy when soaking it up in the sun!!

The other me said...

what complete and utter bliss! If only we could get more than 2 or 3 days of sunshine I would snap one of those up like a shot! Glorious boys as always.