Tuesday, February 27, 2007

you know you don't blog enough when.....

you forget your password to log on.

Yep, I knew it would happen - the moment I switched to the new blogger, I promptly forgot how to log in.
Just a sign that there's far too many things I need to keep track of now.

We have passwords for this, and passwords for that - and it's designed to theoretically make our lives easier, except now everyone has a password. or a little card. I have so many cards in my wallet it's not funny. Shopping for meat? Here, Have our M&M meat card, it gives you a discount every time you shop here - gee that sounds great - now where do I stick that - because seriously I have just ONE credit card, and a bank card, but also 17 other plastic cards (I counted) for various stores, point collections and necessities (like health cards that you have to carry around in case you need it)

Many of these cards also have "convenient online shopping" and point tracking and nifty wonderful things on their website if you just log in and remember it with a simple password.

The idea is good - if I didn't have to keep track of 20 different passwords and log ins, and security wise, it's just not smart to use the same password for everything - even if it's a really good one ;)

So I forgot my log in passward AND my log-in name - so it took me a while to get myself back to this point and reset the password.

That's enough for today. I'm spent.

I'll leave you with a funny - because after a venting blog - you should at least get a little giggle in at the end.

I was watching TV with Matthew - who was rather distressed that one of the characters was talking to a chocolate chicken.

"That's so silly" Says Matthew
"You shouldn't talk to a chocolate chicken, because he can't talk back to you"

Interesting logic from a 4 yr old who I've caught talking to inanimate objects on a regular basis.

So I agreed with him saying "Yes, I guess it is kind of silly to talk to a chocolate chicken when he can't talk back to you"

"Yeah" Matthew says
"You should only talk to REAL LIVE chickens"

Yep - that's logical.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to choose the same password or pin number for everything, or at least a variation of the same one. I'd never remember them otherwise!!

PS. My mum also forgot her password for Blogger when she took a 6-month break ;-)
PPS. Cute story about the chocolate chicken!

mom of 2 said...

I have had to start writing down all my passwords...there are way to many to keep in my head!!

Was the chocolate chicken on Max & Ruby?? Travis still likes that show, although he would never admit it in front of his friends!

the mystic said...

I have a collection of passwords -- so sometimes I have to plug in twelve different ones, but USUALLY I can figure it out. What I never remember is my "username" if that isn't already included.

saheldormparents said...

Don't worry Jenn, you are getting more and more like me! I have sticky notes above the computer with all our access codes, passwords and the like. If I can opt for the computer to remember it than that is what I do, I only use three passwords so I keep rotating them and eventually I get the right one! Cute story about Matthew! Happy March!

saheldormparents said...

Don't worry Jenn, you are getting more and more like me! I have sticky notes above the computer with all our access codes, passwords and the like. If I can opt for the computer to remember it than that is what I do, I only use three passwords so I keep rotating them and eventually I get the right one! Cute story about Matthew! Happy March!

Julie Q said...

I can relate on the passwords and the plastic cards! One day my Mom said to me, "What are you doing with all those credit cards?" Only one was a debit/credit card. None were an actual credit card. I have taken to writing down passwords. Too many to remember and not safe to use the same ones everywhere.

Very funny funny. Very cute. :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

hahaha Love that boy!!! and WOW you actually blogged!!! :P~~

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

Cute chicken story!

LYM,
Mom