Thank you to everyone who reads this blog.
I started it as a bit of a bored stay at home mom, not that it was ever boring here - as I'm sure you've read, it's been anything but boring - but I had to document it all. I mean, who would believe all the stories I told?
I swear it has all been 100% true.
And now I have a permanent copy of it all. I've copied my entire blog into word - to save, just in case blogger should do anything silly to me again, like make my blog unaccessable or worse, lost altogether.
But now it's time for me to move on to a new chapter.
As much as I enjoy writing about my boys - I have found myself being defined by them, and that means losing a little bit of me.
I've been a stay at home mom for 5 years now, and I've enjoyed it (most of it) but at the same time there is a certain loss of identity when surrounded all day by little people who need constant caring, attention, and diaper changes. Depression and apathy and boredom can and does attack in small doses.
I'm about to embark in a new direction. I have discovered that I love photography, and I'm not terrible at it, so that's where I'm headed. To pursue a hobby that I love - and ultimately a new career.
Of course I'll always be a mom.
But I'm hoping that by doing this for me - I will gain back that confidence in myself that I once had.
I will gain back my independence, and a purpose that does not involve getting chocolate milk for someone for the 14th time.
I am excited and nervous about change at the same time, but I need to do this. I think it will make me a happier person, and a better mom.
So that means I'm approaching the end of the blog days. Not necessarily cold turkey - nor forever for that matter. I'm just taking a break, and taking it down a notch.
Thank you to everyone who has read, commented and laughed along with me - it's been a fun ride.
I may still occasionally give an update, but I am not the daily or even weekly blogger that I used to be, and it's not for lack of material (did I mention that painting Duncan's room is taking a long time - more for the fact that we have to keep cleaning up the little artistic attempts of Matthew, who despite being banned from the room, manages to sneak in there and paint baseboards, beds, doors and anything else within reach).
I just didn't want this blog to become the sitcom that ran on for 3 seasons too many, so I'm ending on a high note (I hope)
Instead of the weekly series, it'll be more like the Holiday Specials.
Thankyou for your encouragement
Thankyou for your comments
Thankyou for your support, in rough times
Thankyou for laughing with me, rejoicing with me, and making my little blog something that I am glad to have done.
Every compliment is treasured. Every bit of enjoyment you have received has been mine as well.
so thankyou.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I'll miss your blog a TON...
Good think I have your phone number ;)
Hugs
Julie
Hi Jenn,
I'll miss your daily blog but I do understand your need for change.
I'll just have to call you instead.
LYM
/good luck with your photography i hope it goes well for you.
you know you can always tell us stories about your new adventures we'd love to here about it, you are more then just a mother.
Good luck with the photography Jenn. I have always dreamed of being able to take photos for a living. It is such an art to take great pictures. And you do take wonderful shots.
I will miss you too. You have such a wonderful way with words and humor.
Oh Jenn, I will miss your blog so much! But at least I still have your email ;-) And my memories of staying with you.
Thank you for entertaining me, making me smile/cry/reminisce/hope/believe over the past year or so that I've been a "faithful" reader.
I'm VERY excited for you, I'm sure you are going to be successful in your new venture and most importantly it will give you some much-needed time to work on your own dreams & desires.
LOVE YOU!!
How exciting for you! I wish you so much luck in your photography!! You take amazing pictures and I imagine that you will be wildly successful and I'll see your pictures in magazines! Take care and do post once in a while and let us know how you are doing!!
What!!!???? I will need to see pictures of my nephews!! At least once a month, okay Jenn!! I know I'm being selfish and you are so much more faithful than I am in communicating, I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm complaining in a run on sentence anyway!! Boo Hoo for me! Only six more days until your Nephew makes his appearance (or less I hope, but still no contractions :( Oh well,)
Love you more,
J
I think I can't bear it....but am excited for your photography business, you are so clever and so great at it...but I will miss your blog! Helen.
I will miss reading your blog but I totally understand it. Your ability as a photographer is obvious and gorgeous. I look forward to hearing about your steps and I pray that they are amazing ones (I am pretty sure they will be).
We will miss you and your beautiful boys tons :( Please drop in when you have a chance and the best of luck to you and your kiddos!
Jenn
I will miss your blog - guess I'll have to phone more to keep up to date on the what is happening at your home. I'm so glad that you have saved your entries - at a minimum it will be priceless reading for the boy's someday - and who knows - maybe there is a book or a series of articles in the future.
We are so proud of you and know that this new direction in photography will be as successful as everything else that you have turned your hand to thus far in life.
JM SWMBO
Oh I will miss you tons and tons! I love your writing style!
Good luck with your new direction. I think you are a fabulous photographer and hope to see some pics every now and then on the blog :) I understand what you mean about needing something for yourself ;)
I'll miss your blog as well!I will look forward to the holiday specials though:)! At least I have your yahoo!I wish you all the best in the field of photography! I just know you'll do great, anything I've seen so far has been amazing and I know it can only get better. Here's to the sexy remote!
ACK! what!?! nooooo....:) I understand Jenn. And I support you completely, but I will definitely miss out on your awesome writing.
When's the photography blog going to start?!?!?! :)
Love ya!!
~Lisa~
awww, I am sad :(
I only just found you! and your 3 boys... I loved that I could read your blog and find things that were so familiar to me, that I could identify with, and learn from.
Good luck with the photography... the photos of your sons were amazing (I assume you did them).
Have lots of fun!!! :)
Hooray for you Jenn!!! I think that it is awesome that you are pursuing your photography because you are so darn good at it, no wait, YOU are Awesome at it. I have been a fan of yours and your photos for a long time and it's about time you took time for yourself! Go for it woman! I'm still gonna miss you and your blog entries but it's for a good cause. Take care my dear friend, lots of hugs to you and the family.
Looks like I've started blogging too late in the day! Never mind. Presumably you're not going to wipe it, so I should be able to go to the beginning and by the time I've worked my way forward, perhaps you'll be back?
Best wishes
Oh Jenn!
I have been so behind and then I come to play catch up... to get my Jenn-laugh-fix and I get this!
But I completely understand, and I wish you much success with your photography.
gawd, if i didn't have blogs to write in when Solenbum wakes up at 2 AM until 5 AM, I don't know WHAT I'd do...!!
Post a Comment