So today I made dinner for everyone.
Matthew wanted some sort of spiderman pasta alphaghetti, but I said No - I'm not making 5 different dinners for 5 people - I make ONE thing, and we all eat the same thing - and you aren't going to like it every night, but there will always be *something* you like, and the rest you just have to try.
So I had made chicken wings, mashed potatoes and corn - pretty standard fare really, and nothing I would have found objectionable at the tender age of 7 or 8....
My 5 yr old wouldn't eat anything. I just think he doesn't like to eat, and would rather push food around on the plate. Several hours AFTER dinner he polished off 2 turkey slices, a cheese string and 3 tubes of yogurt. He just likes to snack.
The other two, I was prepared for complaints. Between them, they *should* have eaten some of everything. Matthew doesn't really like meat of any kind and Duncan thinks Mashed potatoes are poison.
Both will eat corn if I threaten them, but it's technically a vegetable which makes it fair game for complaints.
The chicken was too spicy for Duncan. Sorry, I forgot he likes bland.
Matthew just kept asking for something - Another drink. Another spoonful of potatoes, could I get his dessert since he was already halfway done and by the time I got his dessert ready, he'd be finished his dinner.
Works out perfectly for HIM, but I hadn't eaten yet.
I finally told him that *I* would like to sit down please, and to stop asking for everything - just sit and eat your food politely and wait, I can't be doing stuff for you all the time.
and he said "But mom, I rather enjoy making you do stuff for me"
He is completely self absorbed.
Good thing he is devastatingly handsome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love it! And honesty is a rather redeeming quality... ;O)
:) Cute.
I share your picky-eater woes with Andrew. Seriously. He is horrid. And it drives me nuts. Thank goodness Benjamin will eat anything; it is my silver lining. :)
We live each others lives, I swear it. I thank the Lord every day that my eccentric children are so stinking cute and have those puppy eyes.
Post a Comment