Nothing to blog about.
Life has been deliciously boring, routine and otherwise dull. It's February - it's cold. Big deal.
We've been hit by the flu this year - First time in 7 years I think.
Luckily there was no vomit. I hate vomit. It makes me vomit to look at vomit, or smell vomit.
We did have fevers, lethargy and a complete lack of interest in doing homework/blogging/laundry or anything that remotely resembles work.
I had 2 kids who each missed a week of school - and one who remained healthy, but managed to sneak a 'sick' day out of me since he "needed a break". Yes that would be Matthew. the boy who used to love school, but finds grade 1 to be not nearly as great as he previously thought since there is just not enough 'free choice' time, and his desk is in between two girls who talk about barbies and bratz all day long and drive him insane. Matthew hates anything 'girly'. He even freaks out if there's a barbie commercial on TV, running from the room. I find it somewhat amusing, I will admit. He is 6 and is just the most splendid boy at the most splendid age.
I love age 6. 6 is when they are sweet, and funny and full of curiousity. They have endless questions and accept all my 'answers'. In the mind of a 6 yr old - mommy knows everything. In the mind of a 7 yr old - Mummy apparently doesn't know anything.
No, 7 yr olds are when they suddenly shift the power to answer everything from mom onto themselves. At 7 THEY have all the answers and are so clever and full of themselves, developing their own attitude. I'd like to have them go from 2 to 6 and then just stay there for 4 years (or 15 maybe) .
regardless - we've had the house of sick, and are finally over it. I'm left with a house that needs to be lysol-ed, laundry that needs to be washed, and folded, and put away and a laundry fairy that simply refuses to visit.
But now that we are all better - I'm sure there's bound to be some blog fodder over the next few days.
The boys go tomorrow for their "yellow stripe" in Tae Kwon Do - They've both been poring over Master Rim's Tae Kwon Do DVD. That should inspire something....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh dear, sorry to hear that your household is sick! Hope everyone is better soon.
Funny you should say that about age 6 ... I am finding the attitude and "I know everything" is starting already, at age 6. But I totally LOVED age 5! Maybe Ethan got the years wrong, lol. I am still enjoying age 6, but I could do without the attitude that has come with Ethan's increased confidence (what a paradox, I wanted him to be more confident, now he's almost cocky sometimes). Sigh!
glad to hear you're all feeling better!
blech. I hate it when everyone gets sick at once! Have fun with that lysol *eye roll* and if I see the laundry fairy I'll send her north. LoL Don't hold your breath, though. ;-)
hugs!
Oh,I have an idea.I think you need to take the boys to Burger King and order a western burger after Tae Kwon Do!
I am forever searching the internet for answers to my 6 year old's questions that I cannot answer.
What did parents do before google??
Post a Comment