Saturday, June 21, 2008

The haircut.

Well, it's June 21. First day of summer. Time for the annual haircut for the boy.

None of the boys particularly like getting their hair cut - it's about on the same level of enjoyment as getting a needle in the eye, or giving a cheetah a bath.

But, we've talked about it for a while - Duncan is getting rather scruffy and shaggy and while he likes his hair "long and cool" we have agreed that he would get a summer cut, and since June 21 is the first day of summer in true literal fashion he has declared June 21 to be his haircut day.

So today's the day.
I got out the chair and the brush and the scissors.
Cut his bangs, and 4 other hairs, and he proclaimed it done! Haircut over, he still wants it a bit long.

Chris looked at the finished product and said "I can't see the difference"

"Can you see his eyeballs?"

"Yes"

"That's the difference"

So we have the worlds fastest haircut, which is quite literally A Hair that has been cut.
Then there's Matthew who wanted a haircut and chickened out before the scissors touched his hair.
And Joey, who probably could be bribed for a haircut, but darn it if he just doesn't look so cute with his hair helmet. I'll likely get him a decent cut before school starts in September.

will update with a picture momentarily

This is the after pic. (hey, you can see his eyes!)

Photobucket

and another gratuitous shot - just because.....
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I see which piece of hair was cut!!
Crying shame to cut off those curls. He looks "cool"!

Hugs
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I love his hair long! It's awesome! But good idea to make sure his eyes aren't covered anymore ;-)

Your boys are so cute :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I don't agree with him. He looks perfect as he is. Those are some gorgeous boys, Jenn.

Anonymous said...

Yes they are gorgeous boys but Grandma prefers the SHORT cut for the summer.
Oh well, we'll pick our battles.
LYM,
Mom

mom of 2 said...

Oh my gosh, they are so cute! I am a fan of the shaggy hair. Travis has been growing his out and has only had 3 trims of his bangs since last October! Who needs a haircut anyway, right??

The other me said...

So freaky because I am sitting here, breaking out in a sweat because tonight is the night I have to endure the screams and protestations of my 3 hairballs. Has to be done because my kids do NOT look cool or cute with long hair, they look like poor little urchins with chimney brush heads.
Handsome and splendid boys you have.

Anonymous said...

I can SO see the cut part!
Your boys are deliciously gorgeous Jenn!

Julie Q said...

Cute! Love their hair Jenn. :)

My boy has finally come around to not almost dying when I cut his hair!

saheldormparents said...

Love it, Jenn, I am finallly caught up on your blog. Duncan is beautiful, I must admit he looks like his aunt! I missed Matthew's biday yesterday but I was thinking of him, does that count? Mikaylah is very impressed that Matthew is now six!!