Friday, August 08, 2008

death for breakfast

When you make eggs in the microwave - I cook 'em in a little green cup - so they come out as a big yellow blob which I then cut up into chunks, and serve with ketchup.
Usually I put this on a green plate - because Matthew likes the green plates - and sometimes a red plate but never a blue plate.

I had forgotten to run all the dishes last night, and the kids plates were all dirty except for two older ones, which we rarely use, but they'll do in a pinch.
One is Dora (*Unacceptable now, because Dora is a girl and besides that's for babies)
the other is Spongebob.

I went with the spongebob plate.

Have you ever really noticed that microwaved eggs come out looking like spongebob?

Then when you cut them up and put ketchup on it - you have a spongebob massacre. Ever thought about that?

I didn't.

Won't make that mistake again.

10 comments:

Tired Mom of Six said...

Hahahahahahaha Poor Spongebob, er, I mean, eggies.

I tried to microwave eggs once. Last year. For Emma. Hives don't look good on little one year olds especially when the little face gets puffy and swollen too. Won't be doing that again. :oP

Anonymous said...

I have to say that was a funny visual. :).
(((JENN))) I love your posts. Did I ever mention that?

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

bwahahahahahah OMG ... poor Matthew.. the HORROR!!!!

The other me said...

Oh that is SO funny!

The other me said...

IS it very mean to ask you to do it again, just once and film it? Is it??

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I only have Winnie -the-pooh plates.
What would eggs do to that?
Maybe honey with ketchup! UGH!
Another masterpiece blog!
LYM,
Mom

MamaTink said...

Oh. Dear.

I can only imagine.

Hugs!!

Lisa

rachel said...

Oh, that would be the source of many, many tears in my household. Too many sensitive kids (and one sensitive Mommy, but I didn't tell you that).

Wish I could have seen it, though!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh!! I have to admit, I giggled a bit at that. Ethan would probably have gotten upset about something like that too.
Poor Matthew!

Hope you are doing good - been thinking about my stay with you guys 2 years ago (wow it has been so long) and I miss you! xox

kristi said...

Ewwwwww...a bloody Spongebob. But he really doesn't bleed, does he? LOL!